Job Description - Teacher / E.C.E.
We are always looking for exceptional teachers
- Full-Time hours (7:30am to 4:30pm OR 8:30am - 5:30pm)
- On-Call hours (when needed like a supply teacher)
Don't worry if you are not the best athlete or don't have specific training in a particular camp activity.
We are looking for teachers who are great with kids, not necessarily the best athletes or artists.
Your assignment (specialty camp) may change from week to week, so you must be flexible and willing to try new things. We try to place you in your
camp of preference but this is not always possible based on the number of kids and staff in each camp from one week to another.
We will provide training for specific camps like Arts and Crafts and MultiSport for which you will be responsible for teaching. Our other
camps including Horseback and Swimming have partners (experts) who provide the instruction to the kids. Your job will be to help
the instructors by reinforcing the lesson concepts and ensuring the safety and fun of the activities.
- is assigned to a specific camp from one week to another. (arts, sports, horseback, etc.)
- is assigned to a specific age group from one week to another. (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.)
- provides leadership by being a positive role model to all staff and campers.
- provides leadership in implementing our camp programs.
- may be asked to teach basic arts and crafts as well as sports and games concepts.
- may be asked to re-inforce lesson concepts as provided by our partners with expertise.
- ensures the safety of all participants.
- enforces our camp rules and regulations to ensure the safety of all participants and staff.
- is available to speak with parents on a daily basis.
- You love to work with kids.
- You have abundant energy.
- You are flexible in accepting your weekly assignment.
- You enjoy working outdoors.
- You must be able to swim.
- You are an Early Childhood Educator or are currently completing your ECE
- You are a certified school teacher or are currently completing Teacher's College.
- You have personal experience or a keen interest in the specialty camp to which you are applying.
- You have a valid CPR Certificate (Level C) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid First Aid Certificate (Standard) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid Criminal Record Check (before the start of camp).
- You've been a camper yourself.
- You have previous camp staff experience.
- You're good at sports, arts, playing games with kids.
- You are an enthusiastic, energetic and fun-loving role model.
- You provide strong references that can't say enough about your positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Teachers work one of the following 3 shifts. Shift schedules are made about a week in advance.
- 7:30am to 4:30pm (early)
- 8:00am to 4:00pm (middle)
- 8:30am to 5:30pm (late)
» How to apply