Job Description - Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is the leader of all staff.
This position includes part-time (flexible) hours before the start of camp and additional hours in the summer:
In the months of April, May and June, the Operations Manager will work closely with Camp Owner, Matt Barr helping to prepare for camp.
In the months of July and August, the Operations Manager may work as a full-time Camp Director or part-time Operations Manager (checking on each camp location).
An Operations Manager:
- reports directly to the camp owner.
- reviews staff applications.
- schedules and completes staff interviews.
- completes hiring process.
- helps the camp owner implement staff training.
- communicates with our camp partners including the bus company, local swimming pools and food service in preparation for camp.
- attends director training (on a flexible schedule) in the months leading up to camp.
- oversees every aspect of the camp from start to finish.
- manages a staff of directors, teachers, counselors, CITs and volunteers.
- delegates responsibility to others where appropriate.
- is a strong communicator with campers, parents and any public partners established for the camp.
- manages any concerns as they arise.
- sets a good example for all staff.
- accepts long hours with not enough pay.
- You must have experience as a camp leader or leader of a team or staff
- You are a certified school teacher or are currently completing Teacher's College.
- You have a valid CPR Certificate (Level C) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid First Aid Certificate (Standard) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid Criminal Record Check (before the start of camp).
- You've been a camper yourself.
- You are a a strong communicator and not shy to speak with colleagues, campers and parents on a daily basis.
- You are an enthusiastic, energetic and fun-loving role model.
- You provide strong references that can't say enough about your positive attitude and strong work ethic.
» Apply online