Job Description - Camp Director
The Camp Director is the manager of one camp location
Their role is to run a camp location like a small business including customer relations, staff management and overall best business practices.
A Camp Director:
- reports directly to the camp owner.
- attends director training (on a flexible schedule) in the months leading up to camp.
- oversees every aspect of the camp from start to finish.
- manages a staff of teachers, counselors and volunteers.
- delegates responsibility to others where appropriate.
- is aware of individual camper problems and special needs, especially medical concerns and swimming abilities.
- works two hours every Sunday printing off weekly lists for lunch, swimming ability, attendance, etc. in preparation for Monday morning.
- does staff evaluations (both formal and informal).
- is a strong communicator with campers, parents and any public partners established for the camp.
- deals with injuries and emergencies if they arise.
- speaks with parents on a daily basis.
- manages any concerns as they arise.
- sets a good example for all of their staff.
- accepts long hours with not enough pay.
- You must have experience as a camp leader or leader of a team or staff
- You are a certified school teacher or are currently completing Teacher's College.
- You have a valid CPR Certificate (Level C) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid First Aid Certificate (Standard) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid Criminal Record Check (before the start of camp).
- You've been a camper yourself.
- You are a a strong communicator and not shy to speak with colleagues, campers and parents on a daily basis.
- You are an enthusiastic, energetic and fun-loving role model.
- You provide strong references that can't say enough about your positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- 7:30am to 5:30pm (Monday to Friday)
» How to apply