Job Description - Department Head
You must be a certified teacher
We have department heads in the following specialty camps: Arts and Crafts, Ball Hockey, Basketball, Bike Safety, Horseback, Mountain Biking, Multisport, Swim, Tennis.
The Department Head is the leader of one of our Specialty Camps. This position may require travel from one camp location to another (one week at a time) to lead the program at another location.
A Department Head:
- leads the planning of daily activities
- manages a small team of staff and volunteers.
- delegates responsibility to others where appropriate.
- is available to speak with parents on a daily basis.
- manages any concerns as they arise.
- sets a good example for all staff and campers.
- You must be a strong athlete in the specialty sport camp of your choice or have strong artistic skills.
- You must have a strong sports and coaching background or art-teaching experience.
- You must have experience as a camp leader or leader of a team or staff.
- You have personal experience or a keen interest in teaching sports, games or arts and crafts.
- You have a valid CPR Certificate (Level C) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid First Aid Certificate (Standard) (before the start of camp).
- You have a valid Criminal Record Check (before the start of camp).
- The ideal candidate is also a certified teacher or is currently completing Teacher's College.
- You have previously taught sports in a camp or team setting.
- You've been a camper yourself.
- You are an enthusiastic, energetic and fun-loving role model.
- You provide strong references that can't say enough about your positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- 8:30am to 5:30pm (Monday to Friday)
» Apply online